Jeff has worked extensively with the Institute for the Study and Development of Legal Systems (ISDLS), a California nonprofit organization that worked in legal reform in forty-four countries. Jeff served on the ISDLS board and as a delegate in many of ISDLS's legal-reform projects.
ISDLS Project Director, City Civil Courts Mediation Centre,
High Court of Karnataka, Bangalore.
Advisor, Tis Hazari district court Mediation Center, Delhi.
- India and Bangladesh, April 2002
Speeches and panel discussions on alternative dispute resolution in Ahmedabad, India and Dhaka,
- Speeches and panel discussions on case management and ADR before Malaysian judicial officers in Kuala Lumpur; before faculty of the International Islamic University of Malaysia, Gombak; and before bar associations in Kota Kinabulu and Kuching, Borneo.
- Member, ISDLS delegation on judicial reform. Presentations to Supreme Court judges and members of the Dhaka bar.
- Panelist appearing before members of the Hong Kong bar association on ADR techniques and case management.
- Pakistan and Bangladesh, October 2000
- Lecturer at judicial training programs in Lahore, Pakistan and Dhaka and Chittagong, Bangladesh.
- Bangladesh, December 1999
- Member, ISDLS delegation on judicial reform; meetings with judges and members of the Ministry of Law, Law Commission, and Bar Council in Dhaka.
- India, September – October 1996
- Member, American Legal Delegation participating in a national assessment of India’s civil justice system. Lectures and meetings with study groups and bar associations in Chenai, Calcutta, Hyderabad, and Mumbai.
BANCHERO LAW FIRM ▪ 601 CALIFORNIA STREET ▪ SUITE 1300 ▪ SAN FRANCISCO ▪ CALIFORNIA ▪ 94108 ▪ 415-398-7000